We are so glad you are here! By landing on this page you have taken the first steps on your wellness journey and we are honor to be a part of it.
When you are looking for the ‘right’ acupuncturist, there are many things to take into consideration:
Is this practitioner qualified & licensed to perform this modality?
You should always be seeking out a practitioner who has completed the required training and licensing in their modality, someone who is in good standing with their regulatory body. All licensed acupuncturists in BC should be in good standing with the CTCMA .
Acupuncturists, herbalists and Dr’s of TCM have all completed thousands of hours of training, ranging from 3-5 years of school followed by rigorous national board exams. That is a lot of years and hours (over 3500) to be jammed into a weekend course for other non-licensed healthcare practitioners. So, to be safe, it is always best to go with the best qualified practitioner in the field, and if you want someone using acupuncture needles on you, then the most qualified is a Licensed Acupuncturist
Is this practitioner qualified for the services you require?
Acupuncture is becoming more popular and more mainstream. As this ancient medicine becomes a household name, with it, more and more practitioners are using this modality in their other practices. Chiro’s, Physical Therapists (physios), Naturopaths and Medical Doctors can take elective courses to add ‘needling’ to their list of offerings.
This usually takes course over a weekend program lasting only a few hours. In comparison to the strict training in acupuncture school, this is very limited. It is always best to ask what training has been done to find out if it is best suited for your individual situation. It is our opinion that needling (acupuncture) should be done by a registered acupuncturist.
Does this practitioner have a specialty?
Legally in British Columbia, acupuncturists are not allowed to state that they specialize in anything. However, many will have a practice focused on a specific demographic. It is through advanced training and continuing education that practitioners narrow their focus of treatment.
That being said, if you are in pain, seeking out a practitioner that has trained more specifically in sport rehabilitation would be a good option. We have a special focus on digestive health, women’s health, reproductive health (including but not limited to painful periods, PCOS, endometriosis, fertility, pregnancy support)
Do you like this practitioner?
Often clients seek alternative modalities after not receiving the care they wish they had from their primary care provider. Past experiences with other healthcare practitioners have left them hopeless and frustrated. It is important that you feel safe and heard with your acupuncturist. It is also important that you feel comfortable talking with your acupuncturist and feeling free to ask questions Your acupuncturist is working with you to help you get the results you want. This is a joint partnership, and yes, that means you need to participate.
At Ritual Medicine Acupuncture healing is the ultimate priority, it takes both you, the client, and the practitioner to get the best results. That means, it is your responsibility to take your own health into your hands.
Are you ready?
If you nod your head yes to the majority of these statements, then you’ve found the right Acupuncturist in Victoria…
- Your health is one of your top 3 priorities.
- You are seeking a private, quiet, welcoming retreat to decompress and recharge with each acupuncture session.
- You are eager to learn and implement new ways to help support your health.
- You are willing and able to invest a minimum of 60 minutes per week to acupuncture therapy.
- You are open to dietary and lifestyle modifications and herbal therapy.
- You believe that stress, modern-day living, or past or present trauma could be related to your current state of health.
- You are seeking long-term holistic wellness for mental, emotional, and physical health rather than looking for a quick fix or magic bullet.
- You feel stuck, stagnant, or paralyzed in your life, and are searching for a means to move forward, gain momentum, and reignite your creative spark.
- You believe that treating symptoms is only a “band aid” approach and is ineffective at attaining wellness.
- You are open to address past and current emotional situations or trauma which could be impacting your health.
- You are willing to address possible addictions (self-medicating, overeating, overworking, alcohol, etc.) that could be affecting your health.
- You are seeking an Acupuncturist who focused on digestive health and women’s health. Your available times for treatment are compatible with Ritual Medicine Acupunctures office hours.
Does Ritual Medicine Acupuncture sound like a good fit for you? If so, schedule today, and I look forward to joining you on your journey towards better health and happiness.